Saturday, February 5, 2011

Chicago runs on corruption, here's proof

Remember Chris Drew?  60 year old artist who faces up to 15 years in prison for recording a police officer in Chicago?  There's more, a new one, Tiawanda Moore, who had a legitimate reason to suspect a crime was being commited against her so she wanted to tape record it, and now she too faces 15 years in prison.  The law, is the Illinois eavesdropping law.  It's another way to put citizens in prison for holding public officials accountable for their negative actions with video or audio proof.   The problem with this law, is that it treats citizens as second class citizens, holding them to a felony level offense for doing their civic duties or preventing corruption, while exempting city officials, and law enforcement from prosecution against them for doing the same thing.   It should be obvious that this law doesn't cover the elite ruling class of city officials and law enforcement, not after hearing Chicago is the most watched city in the United States, right?   Well, listen to what Mark Donahue, president of the fraternal order of police has to say about that:

Mark Donahue said his organization “absolutely supports” the eavesdropping act as is and was relieved that the challenge had failed. Mr. Donahue added that allowing the audio recording of police officers while performing their duty “can affect how an officer does his job on the street.”
Excuse me, Mark... can I ask your Anti-Liberty extremist organization a quick question?   How exactly can making a video of actions being taken by LEO's possibly negatively affect his or her execution of their job?  Don't bother answering, I have the answer:  It will show all the laws they break while "doing their duty", and make it harder for your represented law enforcers to keep their jobs as public outcry increases amid irrefutable proof.   Sound about right?

Mark knows the truth, the police in Chicago are thugs, and busting them would be easy, so they have to intimidate regular citizens into being afraid to do anything at all, even if it's as natural as video or tape record something to protect yourself.   Let me know how that works out, I hear fascism usually ends poorly.

1 comment:

  1. I was forced to move to IL because of my job.After I was here a few months I started to notices people act different then they do in MO.I feel like im in the book 1981 everyone has an unspoken feeling of uneasiness.one day I had a few hours to kill so I was exploring the town .I went to a sporting goods store and noticed they had pistols.I ask to see one to see if it fit my hand and the employee told I had to have a specialcard just to touch the gun.I couldn't beleive what I was hearing.I have been to about 40 of our 50 states and usually hunting or fishing and have never been treated like a criminal before in any of the other states.I can't belive the people of IL cwould allow themselfs to be treated this way.Even more horrific I read a story of an old man in Chicago who shot an intruder in the middle of the night.Apparently the politicians of Chicago wanted him put in jail for defending himself.There appears to be a law in Chicago that says law-abiding citizen are not allowed to own a pistol.His lawyers were trying to get it dropped because the law was going to be repealed by the Supreme Court because its unconstitutional.To make an already believably horrific situation even worse,I heard the politicians hated this man so much for defending himself that they said they didnt care that the law would be repealed in 2 weeks or less they still wanted to sentence a frail old man to jail time.Wow I can't belive this sort of thing can still go on in this country and in this day of age.No wonder the crim rate is so high here it feels like Im in a comunist Dictatorship like Cuba.I can't belive how beaten down and intimidated the people of IL are to allow their politicians (who are working for them)to treat them like second class citizens.Its truly disgusting This state is not America.

    ReplyDelete