Thursday, July 8, 2010

I Would Feel Better if the Pledge of Allegiance Was Reversed

While school children all over America practice the political indoctrination of the Pledge of Allegiance every morning, I can't help but wonder, what is the point of the citizens displaying open subservience to a symbol?  Sure, it stands for liberty and freedom, but what good is worshiping this symbol doing to get the liberty and freedom everyone is losing back?  Well, I have a new pledge of Allegiance that I want every elected official, and government paid employee (including police officers) to have to recite every day, it goes like this:

I pledge allegiance to the citizens of the United States of America,
and to the republic in which they live.
One nation, of equals
with Liberty, and Justice for all.

How many of you would feel better with the pledge going this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment